Monday, January 16, 2012

Extreme Shed and Shred

My goal last week was to make sure that I was doing some sort of cross training with the running and walking, but I didn't do so hot on that front.  As with a number of other goals I am trying to look at things from the perspective that what is done is done and I can focus on doing  better in the future, instead of beating myself up about slip ups or missed opportunities.

This morning I planned to run.  My children have been wanting to run with me so we were going to go to a park with a paved and marked track to run/walk this morning.  There is a sandbox in a separate loop and I figured I could run around that to get more distance in once they got tired and I would still be able to keep an eye on them.  Once I got ready I checked the temperature and it was only 20 degrees.  They would have never lasted long so I changed my plan and tried this instead.  Michaels recommends doing Level one and two at the same time, but with the kids around I opted for just level one.  The workout part is a half hour and then stretching and so yoga moves are the last fifteen or so minutes.  I know that is working out too, but it doesn't feel like it all the time.  I am glad I tried it, I think I still like the 30 Day Shred one better, but it is good to be able to mix things up.  Hopefully I will work myself up to the point where I am getting up early to do one of these before I start the day except on the days I have plans to run with friends.  I love when I get the workout in before I start the day and it isn't hanging over me for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment