Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Fitness Pal

On Monday two weeks ago I started using My Fitness Pal on my Ipod.  The Ipod is pretty new to me and I am having fun trying out the different functions.  This one allow you to put in your height and weight and maybe age, I don't recall for sure, and then you say how much you want to lose a week.  It give you a calorie goal and you can record what you eat and what you do for exercise.  It just needs to balance out at the end of the day.  I am loving it and have done really well with it so far.  For the past two weeks I have ended up over my calories, but only by 30 calories the first week and 13 the second, which I am counting as success.  This week I put in my lowered weight, which is four pound, two more than what my goal was, which is great!  But is also lowered my daily calorie allotment by 20 calories.  While I do have off days where I eat too much, I usually even out the next day so I am hoping it is the overall picture of what is eaten over the course of the week and not just on a given day.  Being focused at this time of year is always hard for me with Halloween candy around and Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, so I need this accountability to keep me honest with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment